Unfortunately, losing teeth isn’t a concern that’s strictly limited to the elderly. Whether due to trauma, poor oral hygiene, or medical conditions, it’s entirely possible for anyone of any age to lose a tooth. This means that millions of people of every age live with one or more missing teeth every day. Just like lost teeth aren’t a problem only faced by those advanced in years, dental implants aren’t a solution just for them either.
How Young Adults Benefit From Dental Implants
Despite being earlier in their life, young adults can face several concerns that result in the loss of a tooth. These include general concerns with decay and accidents from sports or other activities and medical conditions such as GERD. Those struggling with an eating disorder also tend to have higher incident rates of dental health problems, including tooth loss.
- Having missing teeth can cause your remaining teeth to shift out of alignment over time; dental implants help preserve the health of your neighboring teeth.
- Getting dental implants at a younger age means a healing process that happens faster with fewer complications.
- Dental implants can be with you for the rest of your life, no matter what age you get them. This means younger dental patients get more out of their investment.
- Due to a broad range of factors and health conditions, elderly patients may not qualify for dental implant surgery.
- Dental implants are comfortable, fitting in your mouth, and functioning like your natural teeth.
- Missing teeth can cause your appearance to appear sunken or flat. Dental implants can help restore your natural smile and have you looking great for years to come.
With all these considerations, it just makes sense for younger patients to invest in dental implants. Dental implants also are easy to expand, as your dentist can mount multiple dental replacements on a single point, and an entire arch can be held on just two or four mounts. This means that as more teeth are lost, it becomes easier and more affordable to get replacements.
How Young Is Too Early To Get Dental Implants?
At any age, the primary goal of your dentist is the preservation of your dental health and the prevention of tooth loss. When tooth loss does occur, implants are one of the best solutions for addressing this concern. The earliest that dental implants should be considered is when patients are in their early twenties. While more costly than either removable dentures or bridges, dental implants can last a lifetime with proper oral care. They also have a more natural appearance, something that’s of particular importance to those still in the prime of their life.
If you’re interested in obtaining more information about dental implants, it’s time to reach out for a consultation with your dentist. Most patients who have experienced tooth loss can benefit from this procedure, and the low-maintenance, long-lasting nature of the replacement makes them an optimal solution. Make an appointment today to determine if receiving dental implants is right for you.