Anyone who works with tools and materials can tell you the results are only as good as what you’re working with. Your aesthetic dentist will tell you the same thing about their tools. Creating the perfect smile is more than just a simple matter of repairing teeth. It requires the dentist to have an eye for beauty, the ability to match the tone, and the right equipment to improve it all together. Below we’re going to introduce some of the most important players in your cosmetic dentist’s tool kit.
The Most Reliable Brands Found In Your Dentist’s Kit
During your time at the dental office, you’ve probably been introduced to a range of procedures they offer. From dental realignment to lightening the color of your teeth, your cosmetic dentist is always ready to help you achieve that dazzling smile you’ve dreamed of. A combination of extensive training and thorough research of the brands available has made them an expert in cosmetic techniques. They know how to combine technique and the right products to get the results you’re hoping for. Below we’ll touch on the products they use to achieve these results.
- Composite Systems: These materials are used to help rebuild and reshape your dental structures. They can be used when your teeth have become chipped, have gaps, or are misaligned. One popular brand of composite is Omnichroma Flow. It’s renowned for its ability to match your natural tooth shade and for having the durability to put up with decades of use. Omnichroma is also popular for the teeth in the front of the mouth due to its ability to be discrete.
- Universal Bonding Systems: Bonding materials are used to secure reconstructions or veneers to your teeth. One common name in bonding systems is 3M, a company that has a broad inventory of glues of every type. RelyX Universal Resin is a particularly popular selection and has a reputation for lasting results and strength.
- Temporary Cement: Sometimes, a temporary restoration needs to be held in place until the permanent one is received. It has the same need to provide a strong grip while also being able to be removed when the time comes. Provincial QM Aesthetic temporary cement is one popular choice.
- Bioceramic Restoratives: The ability of materials used in dentistry to adapt and cooperate with the natural processes of the human body is essential. Bioceramic restoratives are one such example, being a special kind of ceramic that works with the body.
- Whitening Systems: The most frequently requested cosmetic treatment is for addressing stains and coloration in the enamel. The best results require very effective whitening action while also being gentle enough to leave the teeth unharmed. SDI Pola In-Office Whitening System is one popular choice in these cases.
Learn More By Speaking To Your Cosmetic Dentist
As with most things related to oral health, your cosmetic dentist is the best source of information when selecting over-the-counter products. They’ll help you determine what products will get the best results when used as part of your oral hygiene routine. You can also discuss the materials they use in delivering care as part of being an engaged patient.